At Human Capital Consultants, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are deeply rooted in the fabric of who we are as an executive search firm. The values that we espouse for our staff are parallel to the character traits that we look for in the clients that we engage and the candidates that we seek to place. (The recent events sparked by the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor have caused a deeper introspection into the conscience of America and across the globe.) We, like other employers, are taking steps to ensure that we publicly proclaim our support for racial justice and equity across the African American Community in particular and other populations that may experience disproportionate treatment, particularly in the selection and hiring process (e.g. equal pay for women, employment opportunities for the Hispanic community with legal rights to work, balanced consideration for employment opportunities for the LGBTQIA community and others).
Doing our part is important and our commitment includes:
- Giving our employees a voice and license to speak with ease on matters of race, justice, and equality for all.
- Participating in ongoing unconscious bias and diversity training.
- Ensuring that all executive search engagements include qualified and diverse candidates for consideration.
- Without discrimination, encouraging and promoting the advancement of minority candidates for mid to senior level positions.
- Publishing an annual placement report illustrating gender and compensation of our placements (with no client or candidate information disclosed).
As we launch these aggressive actions, our aim is to contribute to the conversation on improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Countless employers have launched campaigns and made public declarations to rid the world of racial and gender bias and to promote the principles of diversity more aggressively. We applaud these bold actions and stand prepared as an executive search firm to assist in improving your workplaces around the country.